E-commerce Project Officer
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Management business development and logistics
Inverness and Surrounds
£9 per hour
- Ref code
Situated in Beauly near Inverness, Campbell’s of Beauly is a family run country tailor and outfitters.
They have an excellent opportunity for an 8-week student placement over the summer. The student will identify plugins and solutions for the current e-Commerce platform to develop an enhanced digital POS (Point of Sale) system. The new system will hold all stock information in one place.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Gain familiarity with stock and current stock system.
- Research and produce a SWOT analysis on potential plugins for WordPress. Develop a strategy for implementation.
- Work with the Web Developer to launch each plugin.
- Develop a plan of action for moving the products from the current stock system on to the cloud-based stock system, including checking barcodes and product attributes and variants.
- Research credit card terminal options to run alongside new POS, to establish if there is a better suited product on the market.
- Launch new POS and ensure the smooth running of the new system.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Nicola Sugden on 01463 782239.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Open to all current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students who will return to their studies after the summer. Business Studies, Information Systems related subjects preferred.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems and an interest in data management.
- Logical/analytical thinker.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A self-starter who, able to work on own initiative.
- Confidence to make suggestions/improvements.
- Good team worker, with good interpersonal skills
- An interest in the retail sector.
- Ability to identify and introduce new methods.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience within a busy business.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme is the tailored 2-day residential business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of students and ScotGrad alumni. All students appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Established in 1858, Campbell’s of Beauly is a thriving retail business as well as busy tailoring workshop.
Company website: https://www.campbellsofbeauly.com/