Communications and Marketing Officer
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Inverness and Surrounds
- Ref code
Based in Inverness, the Camanachd Association is the governing body for the historic sport of shinty and encourages, promotes and develops, competitions and activities in connection with the sport.
They have an excellent opportunity for a 12 month graduate placement to enhance its community engagement programmes and sponsorship opportunities, through the development of new and improved communications and marketing tools.
The graduate will play a crucial role in the communications and marketing of the Association which will assist in the retention and growth of the Association’s sponsorship programme, as well as increasing the participation and profile of the sport from communities across the Highlands and Islands, National and International.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Develop communication and marketing tools to raise the profile of the sport with both members and the wider community.
- Establish and develop key connections with national partners to enhance international awareness of shinty.
- Review current processes and implement improvements to the website, including events and an enhanced ticket sales function.
- Create high quality promotional campaigns relating to community engagement initiatives, club development (including the Shinty Chaplaincy project) and engaging the whole community.
- Raise awareness and value for current and prospective sponsors.
- Carry out research into potential new funding streams to support increased digital efficiencies.
- Support events manager with sponsorship and preparation of match programmes and yearbook.
- Review communication and marketing strategy and develop a new 3-year plan.
- Coordinate a review of Caman makers and map available business support for this historic trade.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Derek Keir on 01463 715931.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum degree level, preferably related to Communications, Marketing, Sports Marketing. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Good understanding of communication and marketing principles.
- Working knowledge of digital communication and marketing tools and campaign analytics.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Creative mind, with the ability to produce engaging content.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a wider team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of developing and delivering communication and marketing campaigns and press relations from start to finish.
- Knowledge of website development.
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills.
- Experience of working with volunteer committees
This is a unique opportunity to understand the role that shinty plays in the culture of the Highlands, and to connect directly with members in these communities.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
The Camanachd Association was formed in 2005 to create a body that could lead the development of shinty across the whole of Scotland.
Company website: https://www.shinty.com/