Brand & Business Development Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Management business development and logistics
Edinburgh and Lothians
£20,000 - £22,000
- Ref code
Bon Accord Soft Drinks has grown rapidly in it’s first three years of trading, however we must continue this trajectory in the coming year to take full advantage of the opportunities open to us. We are looking to hire a graduate who will help us to strengthen, nurture and maximise our existing business and build new business relationships with our 3rd party distributors – our key route to market.
This is a key project for our growing business and will focus on business development and commercialisation activities to help us meet our current growth plans.
This project will involve;
- On-the-ground marketing at events and exhibitions. This will enable us to target specific groups of consumers and introduce them to the Bon Accord brand to allow for increased customer engagement.
- Attending networking events to raise awareness of Bon Accord Soft Drinks and develop new long term and sustainable business relationships.
- Meeting with existing customers to deepen our relationship and maximise the business relationship/ sales opportunities.
- Developing our CRM system to make controlling and tracking business relationships more effective and efficient.
- Conduct research into launching a Bon Accord Soft Drinks e-commerce platform. Implement the best solution following consultation with the business directors.
- Assist in launch of new product lines. This will involve developing new copy, raising awareness of the new products through our existing social media channels, exploring new marketing opportunities and integrating these new lines into the on the ground marketing and networking opportunities.
You will be expected, with the input of the directors, to carry out all of the duties outlined above.
The placement will be deemed to have been a success if these tasks are being undertaken autonomously by the end of the placement.
Bon Accord is an informal and hands on work environment, so support will be available to the candidate at all times in meeting these objectives. The directors will offer support and monitor progress in more formal monthly meetings.
You will be required to undertake the following tasks during the placement;
- Working closely with our sales and marketing strategy to generate and schedule social media across all platforms
- Development of new accounts that will purchase via our wholesalers and distributors, or potentially directly
- Account management of existing customers
- Posting, tracking and collecting feedback on samples
- Working at keys events, such as trade and consumer shows, eg. Craft Spirit Expo, The Gin Fayre, Highland Show, Foodies Festival
Any degree equivalent qualification accepted, providing you possess the essential skills set out below.
Skills / Experience
Personality, adaptability and work ethic are key!
We require someone who will fit into the existing (small) team and work closely with it. However, they will also need to be self motivated and driven to be effective when working alone.
You will need to enjoy meeting new people and be adept at building professional relationships with a wide range of people.
No two days are the same at Bon Accord. You will need to be happy to try new things and face new situations. Late changes to the project schedule need to be taken in your stride!
We will also expect you to travel within Scotland, so a clean driving licence is a necessity.
- Adept at the use of Social Media and using paid for content
- Experience of using graphic design or photo editing software
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Early May 2019
Bon Accord is a Scottish family soft drinks company, originally set up in 1903 by the current director's Great-Great-Grandfather. The famous glass bottles were a familiar sight in homes and on street doorsteps for generations. For over 100 years Bon Accord found a place in the hearts of the nation before operations closed in 2000.
Back after 16 years, born-again Bon Accord has a new approach to pop. Bon Accord Soft Drinks are all 100% naturally sweetened with honey, coconut nectar and fruit juice, with no sugar or artificial sweeteners. The range includes: Cloudy Lemonade, Rhubarb Soda, Ginger Beer, Cream Soda, Tonic, Light Tonic, Salted Pink Grapefruit Soda, and of course our delicious Bona- Cola! And the good news, our soft drinks typically contain 30% less calories per 100ml than other soft drinks! We use high quality ingredients and are the only soft drinks company on the market to use this innovative, healthier method of sweetening our drinks.
Now based in Edinburgh, Bon Accord has always been a family business with strong Scottish roots and an entrepreneurial vision. We love flavours and our history – there’s a smile in every bottle!
Food and Drink
Company website: http://www.bonaccordsoftdrinks.com