0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
£18,000 - £22,000
- Ref code
As we grow our business, recruiting the right people is essential. As part of these growth plans, we currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to work with us on a key project that will focus on the analysis of alternative low carbon renewable feedstocks for Combined Heat and Power systems Gas CHP Projects. This is a 12 month placement initially, based in Aberdeen.
You will evaluate and report on CHP market, fuel and engine demands/suitability. Thereafter proving the desk top analysis with a Feasibility Study and documented conclusions.
In addition, the project will also see you undertaking work on the development of fuel feedstocks for Combined Heat and Power (CHP) projects. These will include alternatives to wood chip and alternatives to full carbon natural gas such as hemp, biogas, green gas and hydrogen etc. Work will be undertaken to understand to C02 impact of these alternatives.
Your skills, knowledge and expertise will help us to evaluate and report on CHP market, fuel and engine demands/suitability.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- You will work within the Biosus team, working to produce a report on the low carbon alternative feedstocks for CHP systems.
- Conduct research into the technical and financial viability of systems when compared to conventional grid solutions (mains gas or fuel oil for heating and main power for electric): - The fuels to consider will include, biogas, syngas, hydrogen, biomass. As well as options for offsetting emissions to other renewable energy sources.
- The placement will also offer opportunities for learning about biogas CHP systems, ground source heat pumps and other renewable technologies.
- You will also be able to work on the Biosus CHP plant near Peterhead and use this as a real-world basis for the sector analysis.
- Customer sites will be mainly based in Scotland, there may be some requirement to travel from time to time.
You will have a degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
As part of your application, we are looking for you to provide us with a one page presentation that explains how a gas CHP works and what the benefits to a user would be as compared to a standard electrical grid connection.
Your application should be able to tell us what you have done in previous jobs (summer jobs are fine) that would be useful to us. Also, tell us what you have done outside work that makes you better than the rest.
Skills / Experience
- Organised and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Computer literate
- Able to travel and work away from home
- Full UK driving licence
- Electrical knowledge / training and experience would be beneficial
- Mechanical engineering / building plant systems knowledge (advantageous)
- Knowledge of carbon offsetting / CO2 emissions
- Knowledge of Gas fuelled plant would be advantageous
This role will provide experience to be gained from working within the Biogas engine test site, assisting the field commissioning engineers and one to one training on site as a minimum.
A training plan with set goals and objectives will be assigned to monitor development and will track progress and competence. Additional external training courses will be utilised as and when required to supplement the training requirement to succeed in your duties
Overall, we are offering a competitive rewards package for the right person along with real opportunities to develop your career in a fast expanding company
- 28 days holidays
- On the job training and experience
- Potential for permanent employment after initial 12 months
- Competitive salary
- Supportive and experienced team of engineers
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
28th October 2019
Biosus Energy brings together expertise from our Power Generation and Renewable Energy businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We consultancy, design and construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
Energy Low Carbon Renewables
Company website: www.biosusenergy.com