SLSIP 2019 - Rapid Sterility Method Introduction Co-ordinator Intern
0 Application(s) to date
- Closing Date:
Science and environment
- Ref code
The successful candidate will actively contribute to the introduction of Rapid Sterility testing methods at BioReliance to give reduced turnaround times for sterility testing and expand the VGT and cell therapy business by offering a vital service to attract new clients. Once this method has been established, compendial sterility testing will be introduced for testing of pharmaceuticals products.
Value of Rapid Sterility Methods to BioPharma manufacturers stems from obtaining faster test results (7 days vs 14 days)
The successful candidate will:
- Facilitate through hands-on application of performance qualification testing
- Collate data and review to GMP standards
- Deliver presentations on project status at departmental meetings
- Generate documentation to support testing
See placement summary.
See placement summary.
This programme is for 1st, 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students studying a Life Science degree in Scotland. Please click here to see if your course is eligible. You can only apply for a maximum of 3 placements, so please research the roles thoroughly before submitting your CV.
Skills / Experience
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with support services, scientists and laboratory personnel will be critical for success in the role
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment at all times by not only complying with, but actively embracing, health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of yourself and others within the workplace
- Experience of data entry, both paper and computer based
- Experience of microbiological lab techniques, both theoretical and in practice
- Technical and problem-solving skills
- Functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job
- Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Makes good decisions
- Enjoys working hard; is action-orientated and full of energy for the things you see as challenging
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and the need to finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Can be counted on to exceed goals, constantly and consistently, pushes self and others for results
- Personal and interpersonal skills
- Training in microbiological techniques
- Training in working in a GMP environment
- Training in Good Documentation Practice
- Working as part of a successful team
- Casual Friday and team lunches
BioReliance is a leader in safety testing to the pharma industry. The Glasgow site provides testing and manufacturing services to many areas of the healthcare industry, with approximately 300 personnel employed on-site. Our goal is to advance the development and delivery of healthcare and consumer products by providing the highest quality testing, development and manufacturing services in partnership with clients worldwide. Training is given to all employees to allow work to be performed within a GMP compliant environment.
Company website: http://www.bioreliance.com/