SLSIP 2019 - Electronic Materials and Reagents Inventory Management Systems Compliance Intern
0 Application(s) to date
- Closing Date:
Science and environment
- Ref code
BioReliance are currently introducing a new electronic inventory management system for the production and cotnrol of material and reagents used within the Virology laboratory. The implementation of MARS is being carrid out in order to improve stock control through laboratory areas, standardise data recording and imporve documentation quality associated with the productions of materials and reagents.
The placement will involve working with the Virology department to assist in this process. This will incude observation and review of materials and reagents withing the Virology laboratory, identification of critical data recording steps and preparation and testing of validation documents in the MARS system.
The student will review and shadow Virology material and reagent processes through the laboratory and gain understandign of the the critical informtion that needs to be captured and recorded by MARS in GMP/GLP compliant manner:
- Update processes to aid in the transfer to the electronic MARS system
- Test validation documents and perform dry runs of the production, consumption and monitoring of reagents and material using the MARS system
- Gain experience ina GMP/GLP compliant Virology laboratory
- Identify critical data recording steps in a GMP/GLP compliant documentation environment
- Review and implementation of new/improved material preparation usng the MARS system
- Generate and test templates for electronic recording of data based on BioReliance Standard Operating procedures and current laboratory workflows
See placement summary and description.
This programme is for 1st, 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students studying a Life Science degree in Scotland. Please click here to see if your course is eligible. You can only apply for a maximum of 3 placements, so please research the roles thoroughly before submitting your CV.
Skills / Experience
- Good time keeping
- Organisation skills
- Good Excel skills
- Virology/scientific knowledge
- Monday - Thursday, 9-5pm, 45 min lunch
- Friday, 9-4pm, 1 hour lunch
- Flexible working may be available at request
Other perks include Breakfast Club and tea and coffee facilities.
West of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow
Merck is a leading global science and technology company working in healthcare, life sciences and performance materials. Our goal is to help improve and prolong life, and to drive innovation in science and technology to make a lasting difference for patients and consumers.
Company website: http://www.bioreliance.com/