SLSIP 2019 - Electronic Material and Reagents Inventory Management Compliance Intern
0 Application(s) to date
- Closing Date:
Science and environment
- Ref code
BioReliance are currently introducing new electronic inventory management system for the production and control of materials and reagents used within the Molecular laboratories. The implementation of MARS is being carried out in order to improve stock control through laboratory areas, standardise data recording and improve documentation quality associated with the productions of materials and reagents.
The placement will involve working with the Molecular department to assist in this process. This will include observation and review of materials and reagents within the Molecular laboratory, identification of critical data recording steps and preparation and testing of validation documents in the MARS system.
The student will review and shadow Molecular material and reagent processes through the laboratory and gain understanding of the critical information that needs to be captured and recorded by MARS in a GMP/GLP compliant manner:
- Update processes to aid in the transfer to the electronic MARS system.
- Test validation documents and perform dry runs of the production, consumption and monitoring of reagents and materials using the MARS system
- Gain experience in a GMP/GLP compliant Molecular laboratory
- Identify critical data recording steps in a GMP/GLP complaint documentation environment
- Review and implementation of new/improved material preparation using the MARS system
- Generate and test templates for electronic recording of data based on BioReliance Standard Operating Procedures and current laboratory workflows
See placement summary and description.
This programme is for 1st, 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students studying a Life Science degree in Scotland. Please click here to see if your course is eligible. You can only apply for a maximum of 3 placements, so please research the roles thoroughly before submitting your CV.
Skills / Experience
- Good time keeping
- Organisation skills
- Good Excel skills
- Molecular/scientific knowledge
- Monday - Thursday, 9-5pm, 45 min lunch
- Friday, 9-4pm, 1 hour lunch
- Flexible working may be available at request
Other perks include Breakfast Club and tea and coffee facilities.
West of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow
BioReliance provides testing and manufacturing services to pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies that span the product cycle from early pre-clinical development to licensed production.
Our goal is to advance the development and delivery of healthcare and consumer products by providing the highest quality testing, development and manufacturing services in partnership with clients worldwide.
BioReliance has 3 Scottish facilities and 1 based in Rockville. BioReliance is part of Merck.
Company website: http://www.bioreliance.com/