0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
- Ref code
Biogelx is a spin-out company from the University of Strathclyde. The Company has designed and commercialised a range of peptide hydrogels and bio-inks, which are perfectly capable of mimicking the human cell environment. Today, we sell these products in the US and Europe, and we target 3D Cell Culture and 3D Bioprinting markets. Thanks to the product's versatility, we can address the needs of research groups in drug discovery, cancer and regenerative medicine. The role of Marketing Graduate is an opportunity to work as part of the Biogelx Marketing Team, assisting on the creation, implementation, and monitoring of the Company’s inbound marketing strategy.
From the year 2018, the Company has introduced a new digital marketing strategy which aimed to increase brand and technology awareness on target markets. The project incorporated the development of an interconnected marketing engine, namely an SEO friendly website and a blog as well as the utilisation of a wide range of inbound marketing tools. This strategy has been delivering a higher number of users to the website and marketing qualified leads (MQLs) to the marketing-sales funnel. To convert more leads to sales, the Company has developed a new nine months project with a focus on digital engagement and conversion rate.
The new business strategy has a strong focus on market penetration and market development. To achieve these goals, Biogelx wish to collaborate with distributors and bioprinter manufacturers, and sell the company novel synthetic hydrogel products for a broader customer segment including laboratories, researchers, pharma innovation groups and universities. Moreover, the Company target this well-defined customer segment through its sales and marketing channels.
You will work alongside the Biogelx Team to develop inbound marketing strategies, produce customer-focused content and work with the business development team to generate, qualify, and nurture high-quality leads/opportunities.
At Biogelx, there are plenty of opportunities to specialise and to complement your marketing theory grounding with real-life industry experience. Some common duties might include:
- Managing digital media, including social media channels, website and advertising
- Generating high quality, creative and novel digital content that provides insight relevant to Biogelx customers
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure each piece of marketing content is technically accurate, aligns with company values, and supports a strong reputation
- Continuous evaluation of digital content and marketing channels/campaigns in the context of delivering and converting the best leads
- Analysis of on-site data to identify issues in the customer journey
- Developing and running all conversion rate optimisation (CRO) activity
- Working out what influences people’s online decision making and testing your ideas off the back of this
You must be HND or Degree qualified in a marketing-related discipline.
Skills / Experience
This is an entry-level position, so no experience is needed. However, we do expect candidates to have basic experience in some sort of workplace or organisation.
- Understanding of inbound marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- IT skills. Experience in using Microsoft Office package, WordPress or similar CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation Platforms, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Ability to manage social media channels and website content.
- Experience in blogging.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, project management and data analytics skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and drive projects.
- Ability to multi-task and keen to take on new challenges.
We are a small but growing company that can provide you with flexibility in terms of the way you work. Being a member of Biogelx Team, you can be sure to find a supportive, friendly environment where your views and opinions are always heard.
ScotGrad placements offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around inbound marketing and data management standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
Furthermore, at Biogelx, you will gain important skills, including:
- Collaborating cross-department
- Working with external stakeholders
- Communicating and working as a team
- Seeing your role in a commercial context
- Working with specialist contractors and software (WordPress, Hubspot)
- Establishing, understanding, and complying with a regulatory framework
- Understanding yourself, your skills, and your interests
16/17/18 December 2019
13th January 2020
Biogelx is an early stage biomaterials company focused on the design and manufacture of a range of tunable peptide hydrogels capable of mimicking the properties of various tissue types. Our patented hydrogel technology is based on short, functional peptides, and these materials are being utilised across a range of cell culture applications including 3D cell-based assays, 3D bioprinting and regenerative medicine (www.biogelx.com). The Company is now at a vital stage of growth as it expands into the emerging 3D bioprinting market through the development of a synthetic peptide bio-ink.
Company website: https://www.biogelx.com