Graduate Tourism and Events Co-ordinator
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Argyll and the Islands
£20,000 to £22,000 depending on experience
- Ref code
Beinn an Tuirc is a small batch gin distillery based on the Kintyre peninsula in Argyll. The distillery is situated within the Torrisdale Castle Estate and manufactures sustainably produced gin using renewable energy
There is now an exciting opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to support the development of a new Gin School and an adjoining café, by creating and implementing a series of associated courses and events.
The successful candidate will help increase visitor numbers to the distillery by developing new events and experiences.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Developing a series of Gin School courses, both day and weekend.
- Integrating courses with the estate accommodation, enhancing both the estate and the Kintyre Gin websites, planning itineraries and producing marketing materials.
- Reviewing existing tours and integrating these with the new facilities.
- Researching and implementing new tour opportunities to include the estate.
- Creating and implementing a suite of year-round pop up events at the distillery, incorporating all facilities.
- Creating new events locally (outwith the distillery), potentially incorporating the new shop in Campbeltown.
- Developing a new remote events strategy, reviewing and improving current remote events such as gin festivals and trade shows.
The intended start date of the placement is May 20. Upon successful completion of the project the placement may result in continued employment.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Niall Macalister Hall on 01583 431 528.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree Level, preferably related to Marketing, Communications, Tourism/Events Management. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self- motivated and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ambitious and committed to project completion.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Understanding/experience of visitor/events management.
- Basic understanding of financial management
- Knowledge of spirit/gin market.
- A creative background or experience in a previous role.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast-moving family run business, and upon successful completion of the project the placement may result in continued employment. There will be full training provided.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Established in 2016, Beinn an Tuirc Distillers use their own renewable energy to produce gin sustainably, focusing on the community and surrounding environment. They have a tasting room and shop at the distillery on Torrisdale Estate, and a further retail outlet in Campbeltown.
Food and Drink
Company website: http://www.kintyregin.com
Niall Macalister Hall
01583 431 233