Product Development Graduate
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Inverness and Surrounds
- Ref code
Aquascot is an employee owned business based in Alness in Ross-shire, processing and supplying farmed Scottish salmon and trout to high-end retail customers throughout the UK and Europe.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to research and develop new products and packaging for a leading high-end retailer.
They are seeking an enthusiastic individual to undertake food and retail research, involving some travel, to identify new flavours and ideas that can be explored further. The successful candidate will work closely with the development chef and the commercial team to develop these innovative concepts.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Carry out research into trends and places of interest and develop a plan of where to visit and why.
- Undertake “food safari”, visiting restaurants, markets and selected food fairs.
- Review brief from our primary retail partner Waitrose – read, understand and plan.
- Internal Submissions – present several ideas gained from the research that will fit the Waitrose brief.
- Work with factory teams and product costing teams to review costings and viability. Produce report with findings.
- Attend sessions with Chef and Head of Commercial to pitch the New Product Development ideas to Waitrose team.
- Develop Product Submission Sheets and process documentation.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Andy Wilson on 07845 051893.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree Level. All subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated and capable of independent working
- Innovative thinker and strong team player
- Problem solver with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Positive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of food safety systems
- Previous sales/retail experience
- Experience in a Customer Service environment.
- Knowledge of developing food products
- Knowledge of NPD product presentation
Upon successful completion of the project it is hoped that the graduate placement would result in continued employment with Aquascot, should the candidate meet the company’s needs, be a good fit with the core team and would like to develop their career in this field.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Founded in 1988, Aquascot procure and process salmon and trout for high-end retail.
Food and Drink
Company website: http://www.aquascot.com/