HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Management business development and logistics
Inverness and Surrounds
£24,799 per annum
- Ref code
An Comunn Gàidhealach is an organisation that supports and develops all aspects of the Gaelic language, culture, history and heritage. Each year it organises one of Scotland’s largest festivals, the Royal National Mòd.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to upgrade existing systems to increase efficiency, and to develop an online marketing strategy to attract a wider audience and increase membership.
The placement will be located either in the Stornoway or Inverness office, depending on the graduate’s personal circumstances.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Develop a new 18-month social media strategy and create regular, engaging social media content to promote the Royal National Mòd.
- Develop and publish a monthly bilingual e-newsletter for distribution by email to the Membership of the organisation.
- Develop the Literature and Drama elements at the Royal National Mòd.
- Research options and recommend training for adjudicators, chairpersons and stewards at the Mòd.
- Identify and implement improvements to the online shop facility. Incorporate promotion into the wider marketing strategy.
- Translation support and distribution of press releases to interested parties.
- Review and update the existing membership database.
- Working with staff, research and develop the membership database/online entry system and provide support to organise and develop the databases.
- Research additional funding streams and sponsorship. Explore revenue streams such as Friends of the Mòd based upon existing Life Members registered on the database.
Upon successful completion of the project it is hoped that the graduate placement would result in permanent employment, should the candidate meet the organisation’s needs, be a good fit with the core team and would like to develop their career in this field.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Peigi MacLennan on 01463 832004.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Fluency in Gaelic is essential plus a Minimum HND, preferably related to Business Studies, IT, Marketing, Celtic Studies. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Fluent in both written and spoken Gaelic.
- Excellent IT skills - creative and competent with packages such as Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Good administrative and management skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Able to adapt and work under pressure.
- Public sector experience, including Committee working (minute taking, etc).
- Knowledge of marketing principles and social media for business use.
- Knowledge and understanding of Gaelic Arts and Culture.
- Driving licence.
- An understanding of funding strategies.
This is a unique opportunity for a Gaelic speaker to gain experience within the organisation responsible for coordinating Scotland’s largest Gaelic festival, celebrating Gaelic linguistic and cultural heritage.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Stornoway or Inverness
An Comunn Gàidhealach was founded in 1891 and has supported the teaching, learning and use of the Gaelic language plus the study and cultivation of Gaelic literature, history, music and art for over 100 years.
Company website: https://www.ancomunn.co.uk/