What are ScotGrad employers looking for?
Find out what employers are looking for in graduates and students
ScotGrad has worked with over 1000 SMEs in Scotland; they want to hire the right candidate. Be prepared to show potential employers that you have the correct key skills and qualities for the role. In addition to the skills listed in the advert, include examples of your:
- Initiative, proactive approach, and passion.
- Drive, commitment, and strong work ethic.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Attention to detail. The easiest way to demonstrate this is to proof-read your applications carefully.
- Commercial understanding and research skills. Show that you have understood how the project will impact the business.
- Willingness to learn, complete additional training, and step out of your comfort zone to learn new skills which help you to complete your ScotGrad project.
Remember not to simply list these skills, attributes, and attitudes in your CV/application. Include evidence from your broad range of experiences which offer proof.
For advice on how to write your CV visit our CV advice guide.